Council has recently completed Stage 1 of the updated Main Street Study, which focuses on William and George Streets, part of Howick Street and Church Street. To support the study, Council is inviting applications for small grants to assist local property owners to undertake the recommendations of the study and repair buildings within the Bathurst CBD. It is intended to run this fund annually.
Eligible projects are to be offered grants of between $300 to $5,000 (not exceeding 50% of the value of the project).
This program is fully funded by Bathurst Regional Council.
Projects which involve an improvement or the repair, maintenance and reinstatement of missing detail in accordance with the recommendations of the Main Street Study within the Bathurst CBD (B3 zoned land) are eligible for funding:
The types of projects that are eligible for funding include:
- Reinstatement or instatement of an appropriate verandah sympathetic to the original building,
- Repairing, cleaning or maintenance of brickwork or stonework,
- Repainting of the façade in recommended colour scheme or similar,
- Removal of obtrusive additions or inappropriate signage.
- Rationalising services such as removal of air conditioning units or other service s from public view.
Applications for funding must be made on Council’s application form which is available on Council’s website at www.bathurst.nsw.gov.au or from Council’s Environmental, Planning and Building Services Department, Civic Centre, Russell Street, Bathurst.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 26 May 2017.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Council’s Strategic Planning Section, on (02) 6333 6211.