Through innovation and collaboration between Council, Federal and State Government and local businesses the following Smart City project milestones have already been achieved:
– Commencement of work to establish a free CBD Wi-Fi network – this project received grant funding from the Australian Government;
– Development of the Upstairs Start-Up Hub in the CBD, an innovation and business incubator to help launch new small businesses ;
– Successful NBN rollout;
– Installation of a Tesla Supercharger;
– Establishment of Australia’s first experiential technology hub, Gunthers Lane.
Council has also commenced additional Smart City projects such as smart controls for CBD street lighting and CCTV network scoping. Council will also develop the first Smart City Plan for our region.
The development of Bathurst into a Smart City has numerous benefits, including:
– Increased business investment and relocations
– Increased residential relocation and visitation
– The development of a more liveable region
– Cost saving energy efficiencies
– The emergence of innovative local businesses and new products
– New skills for local business professionals
– Analytics that provide Council with real time and accurate data to inform planning decisions
In establishing a fee Wi-Fi network, Council has develoepd a policy to government the use of the Wi-Fi system. Council is currently seeking feedback on the draft Public Wi-Fi Acceptable Use Policy. To review the policy and have your say please visit Your Say Bathurst.