As a business in this day and age, having an online presence isn’t an option.
41.6% of small businesses (0-19 employees) in Australia have an online presence (ABS 2012), indicating that almost 60% of businesses are potentially missing out on a growing revenue stream.
Additionally, six out of every ten adults actively shopped online in 2015 (Sensis).
As a small business operating in the Bathurst Region, are you maximising the profitability of your business?
Giving your small business an online presence means more than simply putting up a little website with your company’s address and phone number. It means setting up a virtual version of your business, with a welcoming, informative website, plus making clever use of social media. In this electronic era, many more people search online for the products and services they need as opposed to searching through a phone book – so if you’re not online, how will customers find you?
Still need to be convinced? See additional benefits below:
- Your online presence is like a digital shopfront. It can help customers to learn about your products and services, or simply find your phone number or street address.
- An online presence can open up your business to a global audience of customers.
- You are always open for business. Anyone can access your online presence at a time and place that is convenient to them.
- Your online presence can help you reach out to potential employees who want to learn more about your organisation.
- Digital marketing such as email can be an effective, low-cost way to stay in touch with anyone interested in your products or services.
- You can study how people use your site (for example, what they click on, browse or purchase) and use this information to help you keep your website fresh, make decisions about merchandise and more.
- You can use social media to create a relationship with your customers or supporters and learn more about how people view your organisation, as well as to share news and other information.
So, are you ready to Get Online? Let’s explore some options:
- There are a number of great website developers in Bathurst who can build a website for you, such as Website Software Solutions and Fairfax Marketing Services. Website developers can also help you to attract more traffic to your existing website through SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) techniques.
- There are a number of free or low cost advisory services available that provide advice and assistance to businesses across Australia. In Bathurst, local businesses have access to the services of the Business Enterprise Centre who can provide some great advice on getting your business online. Visit becbiz.com.au/contact
- Do you want to sell your products online? Click here for some hints and tips.
- Check out Council’s upcoming events. Council regularly runs Business Workshops on website development and social media.