About the Business Hub
Bathurst Regional Council takes a very proactive role in the continued Economic Development of the Bathurst Region. Bathurst Regional Council is a national leader in the provision of Economic Development support, and has been ranked 15th nationally out of 563 LGAs and 4th in New South Wales from 152 LGAs (National Competitiveness Index, Regional Australia Institute).
Council acts as an advocate, facilitator, coordinator and service provider to lead and enable continued economic prosperity, innovation, investment, job generation, residential relocation, business attraction and new enterprise development.
On behalf of Bathurst Regional Council, the Economic Development Team also manages key relationships with the Bathurst Business Chamber, Business Enterprise Centre (BEC), NSW Department of Industry, Regional Development Australia (RDA), Evocities, Screen Central and AusIndustry.
Some key activities of Economic Development at Bathurst Regional Council include:
- Administer the Economic Development Strategy 2011-2016 and responsibility for the delivery of key outcomes
- The development of Councils reputation as a strong supporter of local business growth, business start-ups and business relocation
- Promotion of Bathurst as a great place to live, work and invest through the Bathurst Region brand
- Growth of local employment and job generation through business attraction and relocation initiatives
- Coordination of the Bathurst Jobs Expo
- Evocities Program, and associated platforms such as Evojobs
- BizStart Program which results in the launch of multiple new local businesses
- Improved business practices, innovation and entrepreneurial activities including the formation of community business groups
- Fostering of economic prosperity and local sales through initiatives such as the Bathurst Business Tube and Business Management Workshops
- Improved engagement and communication with local business through the Business eNewsletter and numerous business events
- Organisation of Mayoral Welcome Wagon Receptions to officially welcome new residents to Bathurst
- “Destination Branding” through the roll-out of the Signage Strategy
- Aerodrome & Industrial Estate development
- Assistance and facilitation of filming projects across the Bathurst LGA
- Various other business events, including Economic ThinkTanks and Business Leaders Lunches