Discover grants and funding available to your business or special projects
A range of business-focused grants and funding opportunities are noted below. We have collated these opportunities with the most immediate needs in mind, followed by longer-term investment and growth supports.
Check out our focused COVID Support page for other COVID 19 related business support including details of webinars, workshops, resources and other information.
COVID Financial Funding Support Options
Australian Government COVID Financial Support
The Australian Government has instituted a number of financial supports and initiatives. For more information and an up-to-date list of federal government initiatives click the above underlined links or visit www.business.gov.au.
NSW Government COVID Financial Support
The NSW Government is offering financial support to businesses impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions and stay-at-home orders.
If your business or not-for-profit organisation has been impacted by the restrictions, you may be eligible to apply from 19 July 2021.
You can find all up-to-date NSW Government support for COVID-19 affected businesses on the Service NSW COVID-19 business support webpage. Key financial support options are noted below:
- Stay & Rediscover Accommodation Voucher Scheme: The NSW Government's Stay & Rediscover voucher scheme supports accommodation providers in NSW. NSW residents aged 18 and over will be able to apply for 1 x $50 voucher to use towards the cost of accommodation bookings. Regional businesses will be able to register from late Jan 22. More information
- Accommodation Support Grant: If you’re an accommodation provider who experienced cancellations for stays between Friday 25 June 2021 and Sunday 11 July 2021, you may be eligible for the accommodation support grant. Applications close 30 Nov 21. More information
- Small Business Fees and Charges Rebate: If you are a sole trader, the owner of a small business or a not-for-profit organisation in NSW, you may be eligible for a small business fees and charges rebate of $1,500. The rebate is available until 30 Jun 22. More information
- Payroll Tax Waivers: Businesses will benefit from payroll tax waivers of 25% for businesses with Australian wages of between $1.2 million and $10 million that have experienced a 30% decline in turnover. More information
- Support for Residential and Commercial Landlords and Tenants: Eligible tenants will be protected from eviction if they have been financially impacted by COVID-19. Concessions will be available to landlords who pass on rent reductions to their tenants. More information
- JobSaver Payment: JobSaver provides cash flow support to impacted businesses to help maintain their NSW employee headcount. Online application have closed. Applications for hardship review and for eligible not for profit organisations with a turnover decline of 15% to 30% remain open. Please call 13 77 88 to apply. More information
- Micro business grant: if you’re a micro business (small business or sole trader with annual turnover of more than $30,000 and under $75,000) impacted by COVID-19 restrictions, you may be able to apply for a fortnightly payment of $1,500. Fortnightly payments will end 30 Nov 21. Applications have closed, if you need assistance call 13 77 88. More information
Other employer support programs
- Free of Charge Advice for Businesses Affected by Lockdown - Small businesses affected by the current COVID-19 lockdown and restrictions are encouraged to seek free-of-charge advice from the NSW Government’s business advisory service Business Connect. For more on Business Connect visit https://www.business.nsw.gov.au/support-for-business/businessconnect.
- Boosting Apprenticeship Commencements (updated) - Any business that engages an Australian Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 31 March 2022 may be eligible for a subsidy of 50 per cent of wages paid to a new or recommencing apprentice or trainee for a 12-month period from the date of commencement, to a maximum of $7,000 per quarter. any business that engages an Australian Apprentice between 5 October 2020 and 31 March 2022 may be eligible for a subsidy of 50 per cent of wages paid to a new or recommencing apprentice or trainee for a 12-month period from the date of commencement, to a maximum of $7,000 per quarter. Visit https://www.dese.gov.au/
- JobMaker Hiring Credit - The JobMaker Hiring Credit scheme is an incentive for businesses to employ additional young job seekers aged 16–35 years. Eligible employers can access the JobMaker Hiring Credit for each eligible additional employee they hire between 7 October 2020 and 6 October 2021. For more information https://www.ato.gov.au/General/JobMaker-Hiring-Credit/
- Temporary full expensing - The federal government is introducing temporary full expensing of eligible depreciable assets for businesses with turnover up to $5 billion from 6 October 2020 until 30 June 2022. For more information click here.
- Instant Asset Write-off Threshold - The federal government's IAWO threshold has been increased to include eligible assets each costing less than $150,000. The threshold applies on a per asset basis, so eligible businesses can immediately write‑off multiple assets. (IAWO)
Smart and Skilled Grant Program
The NSW Department of Industry, Smart and Skilled Program, offers support for both students and employers to get the skills needed for jobs in the NSW workforce.
There are a range of Government-subsidised courses and approved training providers to choose from, as well as new fee arrangements.
Under Smart and Skilled, all apprenticeship and most traineeship qualifications are subsidised. Training for existing-worker trainees is not subsidised.
The courses subsidised are on the NSW Skills List. The Skills List identifies courses that help people get the skills they need to find a job. It also aligns with the skills needs of businesses in NSW.
As part of the Smart and Skilled program, Local Governments are also eligible for support in offering pre-employment training, employing apprentices and new entrant trainees, and also upskilling current employees. Information specific to the Local Government Skills Strategy can be found here.
For more information visit the Smart and Skilled website or call 1300 772 104.