Bathurst Region’s Smart Community is one where technology, data and people are used to drive economic activity, improve connectivity, meet the changing needs of the community, accelerate innovation and better manage resources, energy and services.
Bathurst Region’s Smart Community aspires to keep pace with technological advances and ensure equitable access to smart facilities and services into the future.
Successful projects include:
- Free Public Wi-Fi
- Upstairs Start up Hub
- Smart benches and seats with rapid charging facilities
- Smart Water Meter Readers to improve efficiency in meter reading and allow for generation of data on realtime water consumption.
- Smart LED Street Lighting Controls and Sensors
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Council’s decision making and investment in Smart Community initiatives to achieve the Smart Community vision are based around the following principles:
- People-centred – We design and develop smart community plans and related activities with our community, for our community.
- Innovative – We investigate, encourage and enable innovative technologies for the economic growth and competitive advantage of
- Collaborative – We work collaboratively with community, industry and government to deliver a smart future for our region.
For more information on our Smart City projects visit https://www.bathurst.nsw.gov.au/business/