As members of our community, we all have a part to play in supporting our local businesses in order to protect local jobs and our economy. You can show your support in the following ways:
1) Order takeaway or home delivery: Many local restaurants have changed their business model to now offer takeaway or home delivery. For a list of Bathurst Businesses offering takeaway and/or home delivery click here
2) Buy gift cards: Buying a gift card immediately injects funds into the business which you can use at a later date.
3) Shop online with local businesses: Many local business also operate on-line, so offer them the first chance at your business.
4) Use credit or debit cards: This reduces the chance of infection through germs on paper money.
5) Stay home if you’re sick: Don’t put other Bathurst residents and workers at risk. Other options such as home delivery or family and friends can be used to ensure that you get what you require.
6) Be patient: Items may not be available right away with supply distribution problems and people shopping more frequently.
7) Say thank you: A simple but overlooked courtesy in today’s modern world. It can be easy to forget that many employees are working overtime to keep their store clean and full of the food and supplies customers need. A simple thank you can go a long way to spreading a little gratitude and goodwill.
By sticking together as a community, we can support local businesses and local jobs.